1.Signed on November 05, 2013
Entered into force on November 05, 2013
THE ASSOCIATION OF EAST ASIAN RELATIONS and THE INTERCHANGE
ASSOCIATION (hereinafter referred to as “ Both Sides ” ),
having regard to paragraph 3 (7) of the Arrangement between the
Association of East Asian Relations and the Interchange
Association for the Establishment of the Respective Overseas
Offices of 26 December 1972, shall cooperate with each other in
order to obtain necessary consent from the relevant authorities
of Both Sides with regard to the matters as described below.
1. Both Sides will cooperate to establish a framework for
cooperation on medical products regulation (hereinafter
referred to as “ the Framework ” )to provide a platform for
cooperation on medical products regulation issues of mutual
interest and to enhance mutual understanding with confidence.
For this purpose, the Association of East Asian Relations
will request the relevant authority of Taiwan, namely, the
Taiwan Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and
Welfare (TFDA), and the Interchange Association will request
the relevant authority of Japan, namely, the Ministry of
Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), for their cooperation.
2. Both Sides will share with each other under the Framework,
the experiences of the relevant authorities of Both Sides in
the implementation of medical products regulation.
3. Both Sides will strengthen cooperation under the Framework
through such activities as conducting seminars and workshops
on medical products regulation in cooperation with the
4. Both Sides can invite experts to the Framework when
5. Both Sides can establish sub-group(s) for specified program
activities under the Framework when necessary.
6. The Framework will take up medical products regulation, but
it will not take up health insurance, price and reimbursement
7. For the purpose of the cooperation as provided for in
paragraphs 1 through 6 above, Both Sides will hold an annual
meeting of the Framework and any other meeting as deemed
necessary, unless Both Sides otherwise agree.
8. Each Side will communicate effectively with the relevant
authority of that Side to facilitate the preparation of the
annual meetings and the exchange of information and relevant
inquiries under the Framework.
9. This Arrangement will enter into force on the date of
10. This Arrangement is made in duplicate in the English
In witness whereof, the representative of the Association of
East Asian Relations and the representative of the Interchange
Association signed this Arrangement in Taipei on 5 November
FOR THE FOR THE
ASSOCIATION OF INTERCHANGE
EAST ASIAN ASSOCIATION:
Lee, Chia-Chin Mitsuo Ohashi