When a financial holding company submits an investment application according to Paragraph 2, Article 36 of the Act, it should list the following documents besides the regulations mentioned in Paragraph 2 of Article 5.
1. Self-evaluation form (Attachment 1) and the statement (Attachment 2) that verifies the authenticity of application documents.
2. Minute of the board of the directors.
3. The purpose and details of the investment, which should include:
(1) The shareholder structure of the invested enterprise.
(2) The members of the management team of the invested enterprise.
(3) The business scope, principles and guidelines, business plans of the invested enterprise.
(4) Financial evaluation status for the next three years and the investment efficiency feasibility of the invested enterprise.
(5) The share acquisition plan and consolidation project mentioned in Subparagraph 8, Paragraph 1 of Article 2, which include the method, targets of share acquisition and the source of fund.
(6) The maximum and minimum of share holding, solid schedule of the investment plan that is to be executed and the measures when the plan fails to be performed as scheduled.
(7) According to Article 146-1 of the Insurance Act, the subsidiary company of an insurance company should propose a processing scheme concerning whether to sell or keep the investment to the invested enterprise. The company should also submit the application document referred to in Article 146-6 of the Insurance Act for the investment that is to be kept for the invested enterprise.
4. Make a statement (Attachment 3) that the company abides by Article 209, Article 206 of Company Act, and Article 178 of the same Act shall apply mutatis mutandis concerning the regulations on non-competition, conflict prevention of benefit, and no advance investment.
5. Explanation on the capital adequacy ratio of the financial holding group and the capital adequacy of each of its subsidiary company.
6. The combined balance sheet and income sheet for the company and its subsidiary company in the most recent period.
7. The double leverage ratio after the addition of the investment and the detailed list of invested enterprise by the company.
8. Details of fund source. If the source is a loan, the company shall detail the source of payment and the debt-payment plan and, additionally, enlist the influences to its financial structure.
9. A performance evaluation on how the investment will affect the overall operation and development of the company and its subsidiary companies and the projected economic scale or synergies.
10. If the invested enterprise is an existing company, the company should attach with the balance sheet and income sheet of the most recent one year of the invested enterprise. Further explanation shall be proposed if the invested enterprise has incurred cumulative losses.
11. For a enterprise that was invested by a financial holding company, if the securities issued by the invested enterprise have been bought by the financial holding company and/or its subsidiary companies, affiliate companies, and the responsible person, major shareholders or others or, the financial holding company or its subsidiary companies have signed with others a derivative financial product contract that is linked to the securities with share rights of the invested enterprise, then the related information of the buying activity or the contract should be presented. The related documents include:
(1) The detailed list of above mentioned securities.
(2) The sale and buying transaction details within the past six months.
(3) Details of future purchase plans and source of fund.
(4) The information to be applied as major information in the public information observation portal should include: the number of shares for the related stocks, the exercise or transfer price, equivalent amount, and date.
12. If the company shareholder stocks of any invested enterprise within this application from a financial holding company, which have been bought by the company and its subsidiary companies, affiliate companies, and the responsible person, major shareholders or others of the above mentioned companies exceed 5%, and if the total stocks held by above mentioned company and its subsidiary companies, affiliate companies, and the responsible person, major shareholders or others have exceeded 50% of the issued shares by the company, it is necessary to propose the detailed list of purchased shares and its source of fund.
13. Managements and specific risk-control mechanisms by the company.
14. Investments in other financial holding companies or banks shall comply with Article 16 of the Act or Article 25 of Banking Act to propose the qualification documents of the shareholders.
15. For the financial holding company whose shareholding pledge ratio for all directors, supervisors, and major shareholders within the most recent six months before the application date is over 50% on the average, its individual directors, supervisors, or major shareholders with over 50% for its shareholding pledge ratio shall provide the following documents and analyzed by the financial holding company for the impacts on the operation of the company:
(1) Response actions to the temporary revolution of capital when there is an increase in interest rate or decrease in stock price.
(2) A statement proclaiming that the person is willing to perform the response actions correctly.
16. Double audit report that meet the regulations in Article 2 and 3 by an accountant.
17. Investments that are not exchanged by the centralized security exchange market or over-the-counter market should provide explanation on the reasonability of transaction prices.
18. In accordance with the provisions of the first half of Sub-paragraph 8 of Paragraph 1 in Article 2, the company shall propose a specific and clear plan to release shares of the financial holding firms, banks, insurance companies and securities firms if it does not complete the consolidation within a certain period approved by the competent authority. Those who do not obtain the documents required by Paragraph 9 of the same Article shall provide descriptions that meet the requirements of Paragraph 10 of the same Article.
19. Other evaluation documents that should be provided based on the characteristics of the invested enterprise.
The securities with stock rights nature referred to in the preceding Paragraph 11 refer to the securities prescribed in Paragraph 1, Article 11 of Enforcement Rules for Securities and Exchange Act.
When an affiliate company directly or indirectly controlled by a financial holding company purposes to invest in the enterprise mentioned in Paragraph 2, Article 36 of the Act and is enlisted as an equity investment, besides attending to in accordance with the regulations of each business, the financial holding company should also provide on behalf of the affiliate company the self-evaluation form (Attachment 4) of the investment application, a statement (Attachment 5) claiming the authenticity of the application documents, and the statement (Attachment 6) of non-competition, conflict prevention of benefit, and no advance investment for authorization.
A subsidiary venture capital firm of a financial holding company investing in businesses other than Sub-paragraph 1 to 8 of Paragraph 2 in Article 36 is not subject to the restriction of the preceding Paragraph.