The teeth-contact preventive device for the circular saw shall meet the following provisionts:
(1) Except the teeth-contact preventive device for a portable circular saw, a cover that lower-end always contacts with fed wood-piece in the teeth-contact preventive device(hereinafter referred to as the movable teeth-contact preventive device ) shall have a construction being capable of guarding all excluding the teeth opposite the riving knife and the cutting portion of the wood-piece.
(2) Except the teeth opposite the riving knife and the portion of 8 millimeters above the top of feeding wood-piece, the cover being not a movable teeth-contact preventive device shall have a construction to guard all and cannot let the lower-end of the cover be adjusted over 25 milimeters above the saw table surface to intend use it.
(3) The cover in the preceding two subparagraphs shall have a construction that the operator who is feeding the wood-piece can see the cutting portion of the saw blade.
2. Bolts, pins and others for the hinge portion of the cover related in the preceding subparagraph shall have function to prevent loosening.
3. The support portion of the teeth-contact preventive device have the construction to adjust the cover position and enough strength to support the cover. Preventing loosing or dropping out shall be applied to the shaft and bolts of the support portion.
4.The teeth- contact preventive device for the portable circular saw:
(1) The cover: It has the construction to guard the portion except the cutting necessary portion. In the state, the necessary sizes for the saw blade cutting shall be not over the value in Attaching figure 1 when the surface plate is adjusted to the most cutting depth and the angle between the surface plate and the saw blade is 90 degrees.
(2) Fixed- cover: It has a construction to let the operator see the cutting portion.
(3) Movable cover:
1. When cutting work is finished, it come back to the closure point automatically.
2. It cannot be fixed at any position in the movement range.
(4) The support portion : It has suffient strength to support the cover.
(5) Preventing loosing or dropping out shall be applied to the bolts in the support portion and the bolts to fix metal fittings of the springs in the movable automatically return cover.