These Regulations have been drafted pursuant to Article 5, Paragraph 1 of the Tourism Development Act.
The private groups referred to in these Regulations are groups that have been registered by the relevant competent authority.
The profit-seeking enterprises referred to in these Regulations are enterprises in the following tourism industries that have been approved by the relevant competent authority and obtained a business license or registration documents in accordance with law:
1. Tourist hotel industry
2. Hotel industry
3. Travel industry
4. Tourist entertainment industry
5. Transportation industry
6. Special product and handicraft industry
7. Conference and exhibition industry
The Ministry of Transportation and Communications has appointed the Tourism Bureau to provide assistance to private groups and profit-seeking enterprises engaging in international tourism publicity and promotion. Announcements regarding the items of appointment and legal basis shall be published in government bulletins or newspapers. In order to strengthen international tourism publicity and promotion, the Tourism Bureau may provide free tourism publicity information to private groups and profit-seeking enterprises and notify its overseas offices or representatives in relevant areas to assist in promotional undertakings.
Private groups and profit-seeking enterprises engaging in the following international tourism publicity and promotion undertakings may apply to the Tourism Bureau for assistance:
1. Participation in international activities such as tourism organizations, conferences, professional exhibitions, trade meetings, promotional meetings, and seminars
2. Arranging or securing the right to hold the foregoing activities in Taiwan
3. Holding local, ecology, culture, or folk festival activities possessing international publicity and promotion effectiveness
4. Organization of an ROC tourism promotion team engaging in direct promotion activities in a friendly country or reception of a foreign tourism or travel group in Taiwan for a travel-related visit or activity
5. Participation upon invitation in a tourism festival or exhibition, etc., held by a friendly country in said country or invitation of a foreign tourism or travel group to the ROC to participate in a tourism festival or exhibition, etc.
6. Establishment of alliances with tourism or travel groups in friendly countries or areas or holding of interchange conferences and other activities.
Private groups and profit-seeking enterprises applying for assistance in connection with international tourism publicity and promotion activities shall fill out and submit an application (see attachment) at least one month in advance for review by the Tourism Bureau.
Private groups and profit-seeking enterprises holding international tourism publicity and promotion activities may apply to the Tourism Bureau for the following types of assistance with respect to the nature of the activity and publicity and promotion needs:
1. Provision of information on specialist international tourism personnel
2. Relevant travel information and literature
3. Technical guidance
4. Funding subsidies
5. Coordination of support from relevant agencies
6. Other assistance items
The Tourism Bureau shall provide funds needed for the holding of international tourism publicity and promotion activities from an annual budget compiled for that purpose. Applicants may apply for assistance on a special case basis when necessary.
These Regulations shall take effect on the date of promulgation.