The Ministry of Culture established the National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (hereinafter referred to as “the Hall”) to administer the collection, research, reservation, exhibition of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s memorial relics and records, and cultural art activities promotion.
The Hall shall be in charge of the following matters:
1. The collection, research, exhibition, reservation, maintenance, and management of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s memorial relics and records.
2. The promotion and the cooperation of communication of Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s achievements and ideologies.
3. The research, communication, exhibition and publication of arts and culture.
4. The promotion and service of arts and culture education, and lifelong learning activities etc.
5. The development, application, and promotion service of cultural and creative merchandise.
6. Matters regarding the planning and the management of theatrical activities.
7. The planning, maintenance, and management of the public facilities of the Hall’s building and the electrical machinery etc.
8. Other matters related to the commemoration of Dr. Sun Yat-sen and the promotion of arts and culture.
The Hall shall have one director-general who has a rank of senior grade 12 and as necessary, may be appointed in accordance with the qualifications equivalent to or higher than that of the president of a junior college; and one deputy director-general who has a rank of senior grade 11 and as necessary, may be appointed in accordance with the qualifications equivalent to an associate professor.
The official titles, grade levels and numbers of staff at the Hall shall be set out by an organization chart.
The effective date of this Act is subject to the Executive Yuan’s order.