The Taipei Representative Office in Hungary and the Hungarian
Trade Office in Taipei (hereinafter referred to as the “
Parties ” and separately as a “ Party ” ),
CONVINCED of the need for effective cooperation in the fields of
agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry and fisheries that will
enhance economic and social development;
CONSIDERING their common interest to promote and encourage
progress in the fields of agriculture, animal husbandry,
forestry and fisheries and to reciprocal advantages resulting
from cooperation in matters of mutual interest;
HAVE REACHED the following understanding:
Development of Cooperation
On the basis of equality and mutual advantage, the Parties will
endeavour to promote bilateral cooperation in the fields of
agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry and fisheries, as well
as environmental sustainability, with special regard to private
sectors in their respective territories.
The competent authorities for the implementation of this
Memorandum of Understanding will be the Council of Agriculture,
Executive Yuan of the Republic of China (Taiwan), represented by
the Taipei Representative Office in Hungary and the Ministry of
Agriculture of Hungary, represented by the Hungarian Trade
Office in Taipei.
Encouragement and Promotion of Direct Cooperation
1. The Parties intend to encourage and promote direct
cooperation between scientific and technological institutes,
enterprises and other entities.
2. The Parties shall inform each other about the firms and
organizations interested in the implementation of this
Memorandum of Understanding.
3. The Parties may, if necessary, conclude appropriate
implementing instruments within the framework of this
Memorandum of Understanding in accordance with the applicable
4. The Parties intend to mutually determine the subject matter
of joint cooperation, the financial terms and conditions and
the utilization of the output of cooperative activities, as
well as other relevant issues.
5. The implementation of this Memorandum of Understanding will
take place in accordance with the domestic law applicable to
the Parties and the availability of appropriated funds.
Nature of Cooperation
The Parties intend to cooperate with regard to the following:
1. exchanges of visits, information, technology and training to
facilitate cooperation on matters of mutual concerns;
2. review and discussion of issues of mutual interest, and of
any relevant bilateral problems requiring resolution;
3. encouragement of technical cooperation, promotion of research
and training activities, and exchange and transfer of
technology on commercial terms, by government agencies and
the private sector in Taiwan and Hungary;
4. facilitation of cooperation between industry representatives
to foster closer commercial linkages and interrelations in
agricultural and agribusiness; and
5. expansion of agricultural trade.
Experts ’ Consultation for Cooperation in Agriculture, Animal
Husbandry, Forestry and Fisheries
For purposes of the execution of this Memorandum of
Understanding the Parties will consider to set up an Experts ’
Consultation Group for Cooperation in Agriculture, Animal
Husbandry, Forestry and Fisheries to perform the following
functions through irregular meetings or correspondence:
1. consider the policy aspects relevant to the implementation of
this Memorandum of Understanding;
2. identify priority areas of mutual interest, taking into
account both academic and financial feasibility;
3. set up permanent or ad hoc expert groups for individual areas
of scientific and technological cooperation and to engage
experts to assist in its own work if necessary;
4. follow-up the progress of the implementation of this
Memorandum of Understanding; and
5. propose specific measures to enhance the range and quality of
cooperation under this Memorandum of Understanding.
The Experts ’ Consultation Group may discuss and review this
Memorandum of Understanding-related activities and this
Memorandum of Understanding itself. The Parties will bear the
cost of their own participation in such meetings, unless
otherwise mutually arranged.
The Parties may consult on any matter arising from the
interpretation of this Memorandum of Understanding, and any
differences of interpretation thereof is to be settled in an
Entry into Force, Amendment and Termination
1. This Memorandum of Understanding shall enter into force on
the date of the last signature and may be terminated by
either Party by a written notice to the other Party of such
intention at least six months prior to its intended
2. The termination of this Memorandum of Understanding shall not
affect the completion of any existing activities projects or
other cooperation agreed upon by the Parties prior to the
date of the termination of this Memorandum of Understanding.
3. Any amendment to this Memorandum of Understanding may be made
at any time by mutual agreement of the Parties by exchange of
written notes. Amendments will enter into force on the date
of the latest signature on the exchange of notes.
DONE in duplicate in English language.
FOR THE TAIPEI FOR THE
OFFICE IN TRADE OFFICE IN
TAO, Wen-lung Levente Szekely
(Date) September 2, 2014 (Date) September 2, 2014
(Place) Budapest, Hungary (Place) Budapest, Hungary