Goto Main Content
Justices of the Constitutional Court
Add New Folder
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING IN THE AREA OF HEALTH BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA (TAIWAN) AND THE GOVERNMENT OF SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
1.Signed on Novenber 10 and October 24, 2006; Entered into force on Novenber 10, 2006.
This Memorandum of Understanding is entered into by the
Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Government
of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and hereinafter referred to
as "the Parties"
DESIROUS to strengthen existing levels of cooperation and
collaborate on issues of common interests, especially those
concerning avian influenza
Have agreed to cooperate on equal and reciprocal terms by way
of, inter alia, the fostering of information exchange in the
field of medical health and, in particular, avian influenza.
SCOPE OF THE MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
1. To ensure that there is adequate exchange of information on
avian influenza prevention and control to the benefit of both
2. To promote the strengths and capacities of each Party in
trining and research development.
3. In addition, the Parties may, when they deem it necessary,
enter into supplementary arrangements,in the application of
FORMS OF COOPERATION
1. For the purpose of this Memorandum cooperation and
collaboration in health including in particular avian
influenza may adopt the following modalities:
a) Information exchange- to develop programs for information
exchange through surveillance and laboratory diagnosis,
data reports, workshops and conferences.
b) Exchange of visits- to facilitate collaborations on avian
influenza control policy, laboratory diagnosis, laboratory
quality control and cases investigation between
specialists in the related disciplines in their
competencies, subject to the laws and regulations in force
in the territory of the two Parties, and subject to the
financial limitations of each Party.
c) International research programs- to promote research
corporate plans for projects envisaged under this
Memorandum of Understanding in both countries, the
objectives being to enhance research capabilities of
scientists of both Parties, develop international
collaborative platforms, and enable full participation in
international avian influenza programs.
MODALITIES FOR CARRYING OUT THE COOPERATION
1. For the purpose of facilitating the cooperation provided for
in the present Memorandum, each Party shall determine the
affordability of the annual agreements for collaborations in
accordance with their resources and the appropriate financial
and other means.
2. Each Party shall be responsible for the expenses incrred by
its personnel in the course of implementing the agreements
envisaged under this Memorandum.
3. Each Party shall be responsible for the travel costs of its
personnel where such costs relate to the implementation of
the exchange programs and visits envisaged under this
Memorandum and any supplementary agreements thereto.
IMPLEMENTATION AND COLLABORATION
1. This Memorandum of Understanding will be implemented by the
Department of Health, Executive Yuan, Republic of China
(Taiwan) and the Ministry of Health and the Environment of
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
2. Each Party shall designate competent agencies within their
respective country as contact points for coordinating the
sharing of information in the fight against the threat of
avian and pandemic influenza and other diseases that may
constitute a public health emergency of international
concern, and for monitoring the programs enisaged under this
Memorandum and supplementary agreements.
3. In the case of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines the competent
agency shall be the Environmental Health Services Department
within the Ministry of Health and the Environment.
4. In the case of the Republic of China (Taiwan) the competent
agency shall be Taiwan CDC.
5. The competent agencies of the Parties shall meet annually to
develop and review the joint research programs envisaged
under this Memorandum.
ENTRY INTO FORCE AND VALIDITY
1. This Memorandum of Understanding shall enter into force upon
signature and shall remain effective until or unless either
Party decides to terminate it.
2. Each Party may terminate the Memorandum upon 90 days written
notice through diplomatic channel.
3. This Memorandum of Understanding may be modified by written
Agreement between the Parties.
Dr. Sheng- Mou Hou Dr. Douglas Slater
Honourable Minister Honourable Minister
Department of Health Ministry of Health and the
Republic of China (Taiwan) Environment
Saint Vincent and the