The National Science Council of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech
Republic, (hereinafter referred to as the “ Participants ” );
Expressing their wish to develop and deepen scientific and
technological cooperation between their respective countries;
In accordance with the principles of common interest, equal
partnership and mutual benefit;
Convinced that this cooperation may contribute to better
knowledge, understanding and strengthening of versatile friendly
relationships between their respective countries;
Hereby declare the following:
1. The Participants express their intention to establish
contacts and develop cooperation among institutions active in
the field of science, technology, research, development and
innovations in their respective countries.
2. The Participants wish to exchange information pertaining to
holding scientific workshops, debates, seminars, symposia,
conferences, congresses and other meetings with international
participation that take place in their respective countries.
3. The Participants wish to exchange information pertaining to
policies and strategies aimed at supporting research,
development and innovations valid in their respective
1. The Participants express their intention to support exchanges
of experts active in the field of science (including
technical, natural and social sciences and humanities),
technology, research, development and innovations in their
2. The Participants wish to support the implementation of joint
research projects in the areas of common interest.
3. The Participants expect to develop other forms of cooperation
that will go beyond this Memorandum of Understanding and on
which they agree in writing.
1. In order to evaluate and coordinate the implementation of
this Memorandum of Understanding the Participants intend to
establish a Taiwan-Czech Joint Committee for Scientific and
Technological Cooperation (hereinafter referred to as the “
Joint Committee ” ).
2. The Participants expect the Joint Committee to:
(a) Evaluate the conditions of their mutual cooperation, prepare
recommendations to enhance its efficiency and identify its
(b) Announce calls to submit joint research project proposals in
the respective countries of the Participants and determine
their terms and conditions;
(c) Identify joint research projects that shall be publicly
funded by the respective countries of the Participants based
on the results of evaluation of joint research project
3. The Participants are ready to be represented in the Joint
Committee, which shall be comprised of an equal number of
Taiwanese and Czech representatives. Each Participant is
prepared to appoint a Chairperson and a Secretary to its part
of the Joint Committee, who shall ensure exchange of
information in between its meetings and organise work of
their respective part of the Joint Committee.
4. The Participants intend the Joint Committee to meet once
every two (2) years, in turns in the Republic of China
(Taiwan) and in the Czech Republic on dates on which the
Participants expect in writing.
5. The Participants expect that conclusions from meetings of the
Joint Committee shall be adopted in the form of minutes from
the Joint Committee meeting, done in English and signed by
the Chairpersons of both parts of the Joint Committee.
6. The Participants expect that if a meeting of the Joint
Committee cannot take place on a given date for any reason,
deliberations may take the form of exchange of correspondence
between the Chairpersons of both parts of the Joint
1. It is understood that each Participant shall cover only the
costs that it incurs with respect to providing for the
participation of members of its part of the Joint Committee
in its meetings, unless agreed otherwise.
2. The Participants shall cover only the costs that it incurs
with respect to implementing this Memorandum of
Understanding, unless agreed otherwise.
1. The Participants express their intention to implement this
Memorandum of Understanding with regard to their financial
capacity and in accordance with legal regulations in force in
their respective countries.
2. The Participants expect that the protection of intellectual
property rights shall follow legal regulations in force in
their respective countries.
3. This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended and
supplemented upon mutual agreement of the Participants.
Amendments and additions are expected to be executed in
This Memorandum of Understanding will be applicable since the
date of its later signature.
In witness whereof, the undersigned, being duly authorized by
their respective competent authorities, have signed this
Memorandum of Understanding.
Done in Taipei on February 3rd,2012 and in Prague on January
25th,2012 in two original copies in the English language, both
texts being egually authentic.
For the National Science For the Ministry of
Council Education, Youth
of the Republic of China and Sports of the Czech
Cheng-Hong CHEN Ivan WILHELM
Deputy Minister Deputy Minister