The National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior
of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the Directorate General of
Immigration and Aliens under the Ministry of Interior and
Population of the Republic of Honduras （hereinafter referred to
as “ the Parties ”）on the principle of equality and
reciprocity, aiming at promoting cooperation between the
national immigration agencies of both countries, being concerned
about immigration issues and transnational crimes, especially
human-trafficking prevention, and hoping to facilitate exchange
and cooperation, have agreed as follows:
1. The competent authorities that conclude and implement this
a. The National Immigration Agency of Ministry of the Interior
of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
b. The Directorate General of Immigration and Aliens under the
Ministry of Interior and Population of the Republic of
2. The Parties shall dedicate themselves to engaging in exchange
activities and cooperation in accordance with their
respective domestic laws, as set out in the provisions of
this MOU and as required by their official responsibilities
Scope of cooperation
1. Cooperation in the exchange of anti-terrorist intelligence
and in the prevention of human trafficking and illegal
2. Cooperation in the exchange of skills related to entry and
3. Cooperation between immigration agencies;
4. Cooperation in personnel training and in the sharing of
5. Other cooperative items agreed upon by the Parties.
Forms of cooperation
For the purpose of effectively enforcing the provisions of
Article 2, the Parties shall, on the principle of equality and
reciprocity, cooperate as follows:
1. To exchange criminal information;
2. To exchange visits for official business;
3. To invite one to three immigration officers from the other
Party to participate in immigration training held by one of
the Parties if possible;
4. To implement other mutual assistance that might be requested
but not mentioned above.
Request for assistance
The Parties have agreed that requests for assistance shall be
made in writing. In case that the situation is urgent and the
requested Party has given its consent, the request for
assistance may be made in some other form but shall be confirmed
in writing within ten days after such a request is made.
The written request shall include the following content:
1. The name of the department that is making the request;
2. The purpose of the request;
3. The particulars of the request;
4. The summary of the case, and
5. Other information necessary for meeting the request.
In case the request cannot be met due to inadequate
information contained in the content, the requesting Party
may be required to provide supplementary information.
The Parties have agreed that in case that the request is beyond
the scope of their cooperation or that to meet the request will
disrupt the public order or good practice of the country of the
requested Party, it may refuse to grant the request along with
1. The Parties shall take necessary measures to ensure that the
request can be quickly and safely satisfied and inform the
requesting Party about the result of its actions to meet the
2. The Parties shall immediately inform the requesting Party in
cases where it has no authority to satisfy the request.
The Parties shall ensure that mutually provided information,
documents, and personal data are kept confidential. In case that
the use of the aforementioned information is restricted or that
it is not used for the purpose for which it was provided or that
it is going to be shared with a third party, the consent of the
Parties that provides it shall be secured in advance.
1. The expenses needed for personnel training as stated in
subparagraph 3 of Article 3 shall be paid according to the
result of negotiations conducted on a case by case basis.
2. Other expenses incurred by one of the Parties after granting
a request made by the other Party in accordance with this MOU
shall be paid by the requested Party unless it is otherwise
negotiated by the Parties; In cases where the request
involves a large amount of expense or extra expenses, the
Parties shall negotiate beforehand to affirm the conditions
of the request and the defrayment of the expenses.
The competent authorities of the Parties shall use English and
Spanish as the medium of their communication when they engage in
cooperation in accordance with this MOU.
Meetings and consultations
The leaders or representatives of the Parties may hold meetings
or conduct consultations in order to discuss and improve the
cooperation to be carried out in accordance with this MOU.
Settlement of disputes
Disputes, arising from the application of this MOU, shall be
settled through seeking agreements via diplomatic channels by
Effectiveness, termination and amendments
1. This MOU shall be effective on the date of the signature by
the Parties and terminate thirty days after one of the
Parties notifies the other Party in writing of its
2. This MOU may be amended through negotiations by the Parties
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, being duly authorized by
their respective Government, have signed this Memorandum of
Signed in duplicate in Taipei on the 23rd day of April, 2013, in
the Chinese, Spanish and English languages, all texts being
equally authentic. In case of divergence in the interpretation
of this MOU, the English text shall prevail.
FOR THE NATIONAL FOR THE DIRECTORATE
IMMIGRATION GENERAL OF
AGENCY OF THE IMMIGRATION AND
MINISTRY OF THE ALIENS UNDER THE
INTERIOR OF THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
REPUBLIC OF CHINA AND POPULATION OF
（Taiwan） THE REPUBLIC OF
Director General Director General
HSIEH, LI-KU VENANCIO CERVANTES