These Regulations are hereby enacted pursuant to Paragraph 3, Article 10 of the Satellite Broadcasting Act (hereinafter referred to as the Act).
Responsible persons of satellite broadcasting businesses refers to directors, supervisors, general managers, chief executive officers, or persons with similar duties.
Those in any one of the following circumstances shall not be deemed as a responsible person; those already in the aforementioned role but falling under one of the following circumstances shall be removed from the position:
1. Those in any one of the situations in Subparagraph 2, Paragraph 1, Article 10 of the Satellite Broadcasting Act;
2. Those who were once deemed as a responsible person, where the execution of his/her duties caused the business license to be revoked;
3. Those who have been sentenced to imprisonment for embezzlement, the custodial sentence of which has not concluded or five years have not lapsed since the date of conclusion of the custodial sentence, the expiration of probation period, or the pardon of such punishment;
4. Those without domestic residence; or
5. Those with other serious problems that are deemed as unsuitable for being a responsible person.
The general manager, chief executive officer, or a person with similar duties of satellite broadcasting businesses shall meet at least one of the following qualifications:
1. Those graduated from a vocational college, college, university, or higher, recognized by the Ministry of Education, or who have equivalent education; or
2. Those with other evidence, sufficient to prove having professional knowledge or operational management capabilities or who have an adequate amount of experience.
These Regulations shall take effect from the date of promulgation.