This Regulations is specified according to Paragraph 4 of Article 12 in the Employment Insurance Act (abbreviated as the Act in the following).
Subsidizing and awarding target groups of this Regulations are enterprises, organizations or private schools (abbreviated as Employers in the following) who hire one of the following types of national unemployed workers (abbreviated as Unemployed Workers in the following):
(1) Unemployed period extends continuously more than three months.
(2) Unemployed period extends continuously more than thirty days of specific individuals.
(3) Women who reenter the labor market after more than two years out of the labor market due to family reasons.
With regard to specific individuals as referred to in Item (2) of Previous Paragraph are the following:
(1) Women that have to support families.
(2) Unemployed Workers aged from forty (40) to sixty-five (65).
(3) The disabled.
(4) Indigenous Peoples.
(5) Persons with working capacity from Low-income Families.
(6) Protected post-convicted persons.
(7) Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
(8) Other persons deemed qualified for this purpose by the Central Competent Authority.
So-called Unemployed Workers who had never been employed before in Paragraph 1, their unemployment period shall be calculated from the effective date they go to the Public Employment Service Center for placing Job Registration.
The Competent Authority of the Central Government may delegate employment promotion related agencies (institutions) or organizations to manage job placement of unemployed workers.
So-called the groups in Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and the previous Paragraph refer to those obtained establishment permission according to the Civilian Organization Act or other laws and regulations. Yet political organizations are excluded.
Employers who hire Unemployed Workers more than thirty days in article 2 and match every Item of the following specifications may apply for Subsidy from the Public Employment Service Agency:
(1) After placing Hiring Registration to the Public Employment Service Agency, employers hire Unemployed Workers who are referral individuals and obtain Referral Card of Hiring Subsidy from either the Public Employment Service Agency or delegated units.
(2) Before applying for the Subsidy, employers have hired sufficient number of specific workers or paid fully differential subsidy or equivalent money according to the People with Disabilities Rights Protection Act and the Indigenous Peoples Employment Rights Protection Act.
(3) Offering wages according to the specification of the Labor Standards Act or the People with Disabilities Rights Protection Act.
(4) Perform as insured units of the Employment Insurance, and apply for hired workers to join the Employment Insurance starting from the date of employment. But hiring workers whose ages have passed beyond the ceiling as referred to in Paragraph 1 of article 5 of the Act and cannot join the Employment Insurance does not apply.
Employers’ Hiring Subsidy and Award is provided according to the following specifications:
(1) Employed workers’ work hours are more than thirty-two hours per week while the disabled’ work hours are more than twenty hours per week, and whose employment period has continued for more than thirty days, then NT ten thousand dollars per month for each employed worker will be provided.
(2) Employed workers’ work hours do not reach thirty-two hours per week, and whose employment period has continued for more than thirty days, then NT ten dollars per hour for each employed worker will be provided.
The decision of employment time as referred to in the previous Paragraph is calculated from the effective date the workers start to work and join the Employment Insurance, in which thirty days is counted as one month, whose employment time in the end month that is more than twenty days yet less than thirty days would be counted as one month.
The same employer hiring the same worker can receive, combining with the Subsidy and other subsidies or allowances of the same feature provided by governmental institutions, up to twelve months.
The same worker employed by two or more employers in the same period and consistent with the specification as referred to in Item 2 of Paragraph 1, all employers may apply for this Hiring Subsidy and Award according to Item 2 of Paragraph 1, and will be approved by the order of time that applications reach the accepting institution. But the total hours subsidized per week shall not exceed thirty-two hours.
Employers who have been continuously hiring the same worker for at least thirty days and intend to apply for the Hiring Subsidy and Award shall prepare the following documents within ninety days, submitted to the Public Employment Service Agency located in the area that originally provided referral individuals:
(1) Employment Promotion Allowance Application Form.
(2) Name list of the employed, payroll with the workers’ signature/seals stating work hours of the employed.
(3) Copy of the employees’ Identification Card.
(4) Insured’s Insurance Data Form of Labor Insurance.
(5) Other required documents specified by the Competent Authority of the Central Government.
Employers who have provided employment period continuously for more than thirty days may apply to the Public Employment Service Agency located in the area that originally provided referral individuals for the Subsidy within ninety days after every three more months of employment period.
The amount of the Subsidy specified in the previous Paragraph received by employers is limited to fifty persons per fiscal year per the same area of the Public Employment Service Agency.
Employers have any of the following circumstances will void the legitimacy of receiving the Hiring Subsidy and Award:
(1) Hire those workers who had received the Old-Age Benefit of the Public Official and Teachers Insurance or the Old-Age Benefit of the Labor Insurance.
(2) Hire those workers who had received the Retirement Pension of Military Personnel, the Retirement Payment of Public Enterprises or the Retirement Payment according to the specification of the Labor Standards Act.
(3) Hire the spouse, lineal relation or relatives within second degree of kinship of collateral relation of the employer who bear the responsibility.
(4) The same employer rehires the workers who were separated from their jobs within one year.
(5) Employers have circumstances of discharging workers illegally within two years tracing back from the date of application.
(6) Employers hire the same worker and have received other employment promotion related subsidies or allowances of the same feature from governmental agencies in the same period.
(7) Other employers of the same worker have received other employment promotion related subsidies or allowances of the same feature from governmental agencies in the same period.
(8) Violate Article 7 of the Act and specifications of this Regulations (due to the title is a plural term).
(9) Employers have been applied or received (the Subsidy) with dishonest information, which have been verified
(10) Employers who try to evade, obstruct or reject check and examination conducted by the Competent Authority or the Public Employment Service Agencies.
(11) Delegated units hire workers of self-referral.
(12) Sheltered Workshops hire disabled of sheltered employment.
Employers who have received the Subsidy with dishonest information or have been revoked or rescinded the legitimacy of receiving the Subsidy shall return the subsidies they have received.
For circumstances of the previous Paragraph, after a written notification to return the subsidies by a due date has been issued by the Competent Authority of the Central Government or the Public Employment Service Agency, if employers still do not return the subsidies overdue, then the cases will be transferred to compulsory execution according to law.
Employers have the circumstances of being revoked or rescinded the legitimacy of receiving the Subsidy as specified in the previous Article, shall not apply for and receive this Subsidy within two years.
Expenses needed by this Regulations shall be financed from the appropriation amount made by Paragraph 3 of Article 12 in the Act.
Providing or stopping of the Subsidy specified in this Regulations may be adjusted according to the budget amount of the Competent Authority of the Central Government and the adjustment shall be announced in public.
Related written forms that are relevant to the application of the Hiring Subsidy and Award will be designed elsewhere by the Competent Authority of the Central Government.
This Regulations will be implemented from the date of announcement.