The Ministry of Labor shall establish the Institute of Labor,Occupational Safety and Health (hereinafter referred to as "the Institute") to be in charge of labor, occupational safety and health research matters.
The Institute shall be in charge of the following matters：
1. Research on labor marketing, human resources and employment security.
2. Research on labor relations, working conditions and labor welfares.
3. Research on technology development and management of occupational safety and health.
4. Research on risk assessment and management of occupational injuries and diseases.
5. Projects planning and performance dissemination.
6. Other matters on research associated with labor, occupational safety and health.
The Institute shall be headed by one (1)Chairperson, who shall have a civil service rank of grade thirteen (13) ；One (1)Vice Chairperson with a rank of grade twelve (12) shall be appointed.
The Institute shall have one (1) Chief-Secretary with a rank of grade eleven (11).
The rank, grade, and number of personnel of the Institute shall be stipulated in an organization chart.
The Act shall become effective on the date set by the Executive Yuan.