These Regulations are enacted in accordance with Article 13 Paragraph 3 of the Tobacco Hazards Prevention Act.
Places for selling tobacco products shall display warning graphics and texts as indicated in the attached diagram at prominent spots, in one of the two sizes specified, except for places selling exclusively tobacco and alcohol products or tobacco and alcohol selling places at airports or ports, which shall display warning signs at the entrance.
Such warnings and signs shall be clearly visible to consumers and may not be obstructed in any way. The attached graphics shall be displayed alongside tobacco products.
The display of tobacco products in the aforesaid places shall be limited to packaged tobacco products, containers, or grapchics no larger than the physical products.
Tobacco products shall be displayed in the following manner:
1. At an elevation of more than 1.3 meters above the floor, and at a distance of more than 2 meters from the checkout counter, except for products displayed behind a staffed counter.
2. The total display area for tobacco products within a place for selling tobacco products shall be no larger than 2 square meters.
3. Each item shall be displayed only in the minimum packing unit or image sizes.
4. No tobacco product may be displayed directly toward the exterior, except those displayed more than 2 meters away from the external area.
5. Health warnings on tobacco product containers shall be clearly legible to consumers.
6. The price of tobacco products shall be printed in black characters on a white background in a uniform font and size.
Places marked as exceptions in Paragraph 1 of Article 2 are not subject to sub-paragraphs 1, 2, 3, and 6 in the previous paragraph.
Tobacco products shall not be displayed alongside electronic screens, animations, moving backgrounds, audio playbacks, fragrant, lightning effects, or by other means to attract consumers' attention.
A place for selling tobacco products, when operated by a single business, shall only have one area displaying tobacco products.
The Regulations shall be enforced on June 22, 2023.