The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall establish the Bureau of Consular Affairs (hereinafter referred to as “the Bureau”) to administer consular affairs.
The Bureau shall be in charge of the following matters:
1. Issuing Republic of China (Taiwan) passports and endorsements therein;
2. Issuing visas to holders of foreign passports;
3. Authenticating documents related to consular affairs;
4. Coordinating and handling emergencies involving ROC citizens traveling abroad;
5. Coordinating with local governments and non-governmental organizations to promote municipal diplomacy, international activities, and so forth;
6. Planning, developing, and operating information systems used in consular affairs; and
7. Handling other matters related to consular affairs.
The Bureau shall have one Director-General at senior grade 13, and two Deputy Directors-General at senior grade 12.
The Bureau shall have one Chief-Secretary at senior grade 11.
The ranks, grades and number of positions of Bureau staff shall be governed by a separate organization chart.
The date that this Act enters into effect shall be gazetted by the Executive Yuan.