The high-level professionals referred to in the Standards include the following:
1. Technological fields:
(1) Those with unique talents or outstanding R&D capabilities in the fields of Nano-technology, optoelectronics technology, information and communication technology, communication transmission technology, automation system integration technology, material application technology, high precision sensing technology, biological technology, resources development or energy saving, top-notch fundamental research, and national defense and military strategies.
(2) Those with unique talents or outstanding R&D capabilities in the fields of forward-looking technologies such as AI, IoT, AU, block chain, VR, robots, and additive manufacturing.
2. Economic fields:
(1) Those with unique professional technical capabilities such as those in crucial industrial technology, product key components, or other technologies, which can actually promote the industrial upgrading of our nation.
(2) Those with outstanding professional talents or transnational experience in job positions in the enterprises of agriculture, industry, agricultural development, produce transportation and sales, machinery equipment, semiconductors, IC, optoelectronics, information and communication, electrical and electronic design, biological medical material, precision machinery, automobile parts, systems integration, mass communications, law firms, insurance services, banking, interpretation service, consultancy, green energy, medical care, cultural creativity, or tourism, and meeting the urgent needs of our nation.
(1) Current or former chairpersons, professors, associate professors or assistant professors of a domestic or foreign university who are currently employed by Taiwan's educational, academic or research organizations.
(2) Current or former researchers or research technicians of domestic or foreign research organizations who are currently employed by Taiwan's educational, academic or research organizations.
(3) Individuals whose academic activities or research results have won awards from noted domestic or international academic societies or groups, or whose thesis has been named in noted thesis citations or published in international academic journals.
4. Culture or Arts:
(1) Individuals who are internationally recognized or recognized by well-known critics, culture and art associations or important media, newspaper or magazine critics.
(2) Individuals with a major or important current or former role in activities (that is, indicative arts and cultural projects such as arts expositions and biennials) that won outstanding reviews.
(3) Individuals who won domestically or internationally recognized awards or who have been a former judge of such awards.
(4) Members of an organization whose membership is based on outstanding achievements.
(5) Individuals with special skills or achievements in the preservation, conservation, heritage and promotion of cultural assets or inherent culture.
(6) Individuals with outstanding skills or achievements in music, dance, art, drama, literature, folk art, crafts, environmental art, photography, broadcasting, movies, television and other arts.
5. Physical Education:
(1) Individuals who are ranked among the top three in international physical education (sports) competitions or who have outstanding skills that can enhance Taiwan's competitive strength in sports.
(2) Individuals who formally coached international delegations, judged international physical education (sports) competitions, or who have shown outstanding performance in competitions and can enhance Taiwan's competitive strength in sports.
6. Other Areas:
(1) Individuals who have important authorship or internationally renowned achievements in democracy, human rights, religion or other areas.
(2) Individuals who have outstanding professional skills or international experience in finance, medicine, public roads, high-speed rail, MRT systems, telecommunication, aviation, navigation, deep water construction, weather, earthquake or other areas, which are greatly needed in Taiwan.
(3) Individuals with outstanding skills in society, living, food and beverage, fashion and other areas.