Chapter II Export Regulations
Regarding the following commodities, which are restricted for export under this Act, the BOFT shall compile a restricted export commodities table according to the export regulations and commodity name list as hereby announced:
1. Commodities to be exported to specific countries or areas as specified in Article 5 of the Act.
2. Commodities for which necessary measures need to be taken to restrict export thereof in accordance with Article 6 of the Act.
3. Commodities which are restricted in accordance with Paragraph One, Article 11 of the Act.
4. Strategic High-Tech Commodities as set forth in Article 13 of the Act.
5. Exportation of endangered species of wild fauna and flora, and products thereof in accordance with Article 13-1 of the Act.
6. Commodities for which export quotas are required in accordance with Article 16 of the Act.
For export of commodities listed in the table referred to in the preceding paragraph, not including those subject to the regulations of other laws or proclaimed by the BOFT as being exempt from licensing, applications for licensing shall be filed in accordance with the regulations prescribed in the said table. Those commodities not in conformity with export regulations and not given special approval by the BOFT shall not be permitted for export.
Where a firm, government agency, government operated enterprise and public or private school exports commodities not listed in the table of commodities under restricted export, licensing shall be exempted.
Where a person, other than a firm, a government agency, a government operated enterprise, and a public or private school, who is not a professional exporter, exports commodities subject to Article 10 of the Act, he/she shall apply for import licensing; however, subject to any of the following circumstances, export licensing shall be exempted:
1. Export commodities, whether transported via air or surface, not listed in the table of commodities under restricted export, so long as the FOB price is less than US$20,000 or its equivalent.
2. Articles for own use by vessels berthing in Republic of China seaports or aircraft stopping-over at Republic of China airports, within the limits of the classification, quantity, and value stipulated by Customs.
3. Supplies for own use by fishing vessels operating from offshore bases, for which written approval is obtained from the government authority in charge of fishery.
4. Articles for official use sent to Republic of China embassies, consulates, or other organizations stationed in foreign countries.
5. Fuel for use by vessels berthing in Republic of China seaports or aircraft stopping-over at Republic of China airports.
6. Articles for exhibition to be exported by the China External Trade Development Association and/or the Taiwan Textile Federation.
7. Articles for humanitarian relief.
8. Other commodities approved by the BOFT.
For export of the above licensing-exemption commodities, if they are included on the list prescribed in Article 5 or 8 hereof, regulations set forth on the list shall be complied with when export application is filed with the customs, unless there are other special regulations applicable.
For commodities that are exempt from licensing yet whose export is regulated under other laws or regulations, the BOFT will, to the extent that examination of export commodities can be performed by Customs, compile and publish a table of export commodities of which examination is assisted by Customs, and list nomenclatures of and export regulations related to such commodities.
For export of commodities listed in the said table of export commodities of which examination is assisted by Customs, export regulations set forth in the said table shall be complied with when applying for export of such commodities.
For articles in small quantity sent by parcel post or carried out of this country by passengers for personal use, relevant Customs regulations shall govern, and the provisions in Article 5 and Paragraph One, Article 7 hereof shall not be applicable.