Chapter Four: Disaster Prevention
(Work Items for Disaster Occurrence Reduction or Expansion Prevention)
To reduce the occurrence or prevent further expansion of disaster, various tiers of governments depending on its functional authorities shall implement following mitigation affairs:
1. Draft, budget preparation, execution and review of the disaster prevention and protection plans;
2. Education, training and propaganda of disaster prevention and protection;
3. Research and development or application of results of disaster prevention and protection technology;
4. Mountain treatment, flood control and other conservation of homeland;
5. Inspection, reinforcement and maintenance of old building, important public building and disaster prevention and protection facilities and equipment, and improvement of urban disaster prevention and protection mechanism;
6. Observation, collection, analysis and establishment of essential meteorological, geological, hydraulic and other related information required for disaster prevention and protection;
7. Investigation of disaster potentials, hazardous degree, situation simulation and risk analysis, and publication of results as applicable;
8. Signature of mutual support agreement related to disaster prevention and protection among local governments and public enterprises;
9. Promotion, guidance, assistance, and encouragement to prevention and protection group and community voluntary organization of disaster prevention and protection;
10. Plan and promotion of disaster insurance;
11. Disaster prevention and protection supports for the disadvantaged minority;
12. Establishment, exchange and international cooperation of disaster prevention and protection information network;
13. Any other affairs related to disaster prevention.
Various tiers of governments shall depending on its functional authorities include the mitigation affairs under the preceding paragraph to each prevention and protection plan.
Public enterprises shall depend on its disaster prevention and protection operation plan to implement mitigation affairs.
Pursuant to Item 7 of Para. 1 documents to be published, regions, operational procedure and other related items of the disaster potentials,shall be reimbursed with the procedure to be enacted by the central disaster prevention and protection operation regulating authorities and the municipal government, or county(city) governments.
(Preparation of Emergency Response Measures)
To effectively execute emergency response measures, various tiers of governments and related public enterprises depending on its functional authorities shall implement the following preparedness affairs:
1. Preparedness of disaster prevention and protection organizations;
2. Training and drill of disaster prevention and protection;
3. Disaster monitoring, forecast, warning announcement and facility reinforcement;
4. Collection, notification of Disaster situation and establishment, maintenance and reinforcement of communication facilities for commanding;
5. Storage and inspection of supplies and facilities for disaster prevention and protection;
6. Preparedness and inspection of facilities and equipments for disaster prevention and protection;
7. Improvement, reinforcement or detachment of barriers to disaster response countermeasures;
8. Coordination in international disaster rescue supports; and
9. Any other preparation affairs required for emergency response.
Various tiers of governments shall depending on its functional authorities to include the preparedness affairs under the preceding provision to each prevention and protection plan.
Public enterprises shall depend on its disaster prevention and protection operation plan to implement preparedness affairs.
To insure the stream transmission of microwave communication for succeeding the responsive measures of disaster rescue, an efficient wireless transmission distance range shall be enacted and publicized duly by the Ministry of the Interior.
Before the enactment of Enforcement Rules for the Regional Plan Act, if the builder has had new construction or extension construction, a construction shall be obtained from the municipal, or county (city) government, provided one of the following requirements is met:
1. An improvement program has been approved by the Ministry of the Interior.
2. The builder has agreed to allow the Ministry of the Interior to adopt a revised minimum information transmission loss method in which a microwave radio or a satellite digital broadcast transmission is installed on the said building top to achieve stream communication.
The Ministry of the Interior shall compensate the builder a liquidated damages incurred from the improvement program adopted by or the microwave radio or satellite digital broadcast transmission installed on the said building top.
The builder shall obtain the nominal execution for reimbursing the liquidated damages provided an agreement of such liquidated damaged is entered into between the two parties. The procedures, requirements, application deadline and the amount of liquidated damage and other relevant settlement affairs shall be reviewed and approved by the Ministry of the Interior.
(Measures of Emergency Refuge)
In a case of a disaster or where there is a concern of a disaster, the municipal government, county (city) governments, or the township (city) office shall advise or force people to evacuate and provide proper settlement to protect the safety of people’s lives and properties or prevent further expansion of disaster.
In the scope of necessary response to the disaster, the municipal government, or county (city) governments, and township (city) office shall advise or force the owner of objects or items that may expand the disaster or interrupt the rescue to except the object or item, and to take applicable actions.
(Training and Drill of Disaster Prevention and Protection)
Governments of various tiers and related public enterprises shall implement training and drill of disaster prevention and protection:
To implement such training and drill of disaster prevention and protection as specified in the first paragraph herein, all the employees from the governments and public enterprises, residents and other public, private schools, groups, companies and factories are obligatory to participate or provide assistance.
Any one who participates in the training and drill as specified in the preceding paragraph shall be granted with a official leave from his organization, schools, groups, companies and factories.
(Assignment of Full-time or Part-time Disaster Prevention and Protection Staff)
Various tiers of governments and related public enterprises shall assign full-time staff
to execute disaster prevention works; while township (city) offices could assign part-time staff before assigning full-time staff to execute disaster prevention works.