The Ministry of Digital Affairs (hereinafter referred to as “the Ministry”) shall establish the Administration for Cyber Security (hereinafter referred to as “the Administration”) to plan national cyber security policies, review, supervise, and access national cyber security programs, implement national cyber security protection, exercises as well as audits, and protect communications infrastructure.
The Administration shall be in charge of the following matters:
1. planning and implementing national cyber security policies, laws, and regulations;
2. planning, coordinating, implementing, supervising, and accessing major plans and resource allocation of national cyber security;
3. planning, promoting, and implementing cyber security management and protection mechanisms for national critical infrastructure;
4. promoting and implementing mechanisms for national cyber security incident detection, notification, and response;
5. promoting and implementing cyber security related exercises and audits;
6. planning, promoting, and implementing cyber security education, training, and advocacy;
7. planning and implementing international exchanges and cooperation on cyber security;
8. evaluating and assessing the cyber security practices of government agencies (or public institutions) and government-owned enterprises;
9. coordinating the education, training, and performance evaluations of cyber security personnel of government agencies (or public institutions) and government-owned enterprises; and
10. other matters pertaining to cyber security practices.
The Administration shall have one Director-General who may be a political appointee of equivalent ranking to Senior Grade 13 or a civil servant ranked Senior Grade 13, and two Deputy Directors-General ranked Senior Grade 12, one of whom, when necessary, may be hired as an individual possessing the equivalent of associate professor or professor qualifications at a school at the level of junior college or higher; such individual’s retirement benefits and bereavement compensation shall be under the same conditions as those prescribed in laws and regulations concerning teachers, subject to the approval of the Ministry.
The Administration shall have one Secretary-General who shall be a civil servant ranked Senior Grade 11.
For the performance of its functions, the Administration may, pursuant to the Contract-based Worker Employment Act, hire professional personnel specialized in the fields of cyber security technology and its application and management; the number of such hired personnel shall not exceed 100 persons.
The official ranks, grades, and headcounts of personnel at the Administration shall be regulated by a separate Personnel Establishment Table.
The implementation date of this Act shall be decreed by the Executive Yuan.