Chapter 1 General Provisions
The Standards set herewith are based on the stipulations of Article 46.2 of the Employment Service Act ( the Act herewith).
To be employed at the jobs specified in Articles 46.1.1, 46.1.2, 46.1.4 to 46.1.6 of the Act, foreigners have to comply with the Standards stipulated herewith.
To be employed at the jobs specified in Article 46.1.3 of the Act, foreigners have to comply with the Regulations Governing Educational Institutions at All Levels Applying for Work Permits for Foreign Teachers and their Administration prescribed by Ministry of Education.
Where an employer applies for a permit to hire a foreigner for the latter to perform the work specified in the preceding Article, the foreigner may not be found to be engaged in any of the following circumstances within three (3) years prior to the application date:
1. He or she has ever engaged in work without obtaining an Employment Permit;
2. He or she has ever worked or is currently working for an employer other than the employer who applied for a permit for him or her;
3. Without the employer’s designation, he or she has ever engaged in work not specified in the Employment Permit;
4. He or she was absent from work without leave or a justifiable reason for three (3) consecutive days, and he or she and the employer lost contact;
5. He or she has ever refused to undergo a health examination or provided a false specimen;
6. He or she has ever been found significantly violating Articles 48.2 and 48.3, or 49 of this Act;
7. He or she has ever been found significantly violating laws and regulations of the Republic of China; or
8. He or she has ever refused to submit any information as required by laws and regulations, or has submitted false information in violation of the laws and regulations.
To protect the working rights of the citizens in this country and to provide equal opportunities to foreigners in this country in a fair and reciprocal manner, the central competent authorities will decide along with specific industry authorities the quota of foreign employees based on the evaluation of the employment market, employers' industries, scale, employment plan, operation performance and the contributions to the economic and social development of this country.