Chapter 2 Power presses or shear machines
Section 3 Mechanisms and Devices
The press or shear machine having one of the following switches shall have the safety function to comply with that in Article 4 in any switching state.
1. The switch for the switching of a continuous- stroke, a single- stroke, a safe- single- stroke , an inching-stroke and so forth.
2. The switch for one- hand control instead of two-hand control, or pedal control in stead of two-hand control.
3. The switch for one- console control instead of multi- control consoles.
4. The switch of the safety device for setting the operation of that switching in "On" or "Off" .
The stroke changing switch and operation changing switch for the press machine shall comply with the following provisions:
1. For those being a key-switching type, their keys can be taken away in any switching position. It is without restrict for anyone of following states:
(1) The press machine in any switching state has one of safety functions in Article 6 subparagraph 1 through 3.
(2) Switchings are operated by a password.
(3) The switches have other equivalent safety control functions.
2. Swithes can exactly be held in the respective switching position.
3. Switchings shall clearly mark all stroke modes and operation means.
The press machine shall have an one- stroke- one- stop mechanism.
A servo press machine with a servo system to make the slider reduced or stopped shall have a braking construction to stop the slider when the servo system fails.
When the braking in the preceding paragraph occurs abnormal, the slider shall be stopped and cannot be started even the re-started operated.
The servo press using a belt or a chain to drive the slider shall have the construction to prevent hazard from the belt or the chain brokening.
The press machine shall have the protective stop mechanism except one of the following states:
1. Using a positive clutch.
2. Having a construction to prevent a body part intervening the hazard zone.
3. Having a construction to prevent a body part intervening the hazard zone during the slider in moving.
The press machine shall have a construction that the slider cannot move without re-start operating after the protective stop mechanism activated.
The press machine with the protective stop mechanism shall have a device that the protective stop mechanism can be manually operated to make the slider stopped when an emergency occurs.
The press machine shall have a construction that the slider cannot move if it do not return to the original-start position after the emergency stop device activated.
The operating portion for the emergency stop device of the press machine shall meet the following provisions:
1. They have red- protruding- type buttons or others with significant identification to be quickly, efficiently and manually operated.
2. They are provided in each operating zone.
3. For the press machine with straight sides or other similar models, whose maximum distance between both straight sides is over 1800 milimeters, the emergency stop devices shall be set respectively in the front side and the rear side.
The press machine with the protective stop mechanism shall have an inching mechanism.
The press machine shall have a safety stopper or a fix- slider device to prevent the slider accidently falling and have an interlocked construction that cannot make the slider activated when the stopper or the fix- slider device used. For the following press machines being difficulty to use that, they can use a safety plug, a safety lock or others having same equivalent function devices.
1. A press brake.
2. Except the press brake, the machine press with each bolter-side-length below 1500 millimiters or the die-height below 700 milimeters.
The proviso for the safety plug or the safety lock in the preceding paragraph shall meet the following provisions:
1. The safety plug is provided in each operating zone of the press machine.
2. The safety lock can block the main motor power of the press machine.
The safety stopper or the fix-slider device in the paragraph 1 shall have the strength to support the total weight of the slider and the upper half die.
The press machine with a foot- switch- control or a foot- pedal-control shall have a guard to prevent the slider unexpectly action from inadvertently touching.
The electrical systems of the press machine shall meet the following provisions:
1. Indicators or other eauivalent functional devices are provided to show operating states.
2. Mounting zones for relays, transistors, capacitors, resistors, other electrical parts, control panel, the operation panel or the main body of the press machine are capabal of anti- vibration.
3. The electrical circuit for the main motor driving has the function that the main motor cannot be restarted after a power outage and then restore unless restart activated. It is unrestricted for having the construction to prevent a body part intervening a hazard zone.
4. The electrical circuit for control or operation has the function to prevent the slider unexpecting action when relays, limit switches or other electrical parts are failure ,voltage drops or power outage. It is unrestricted for having the construction to prevent a body part intervening a hazard zone.
5. The operating voltage for the electrical circuit is less than 160 volts.
6. External wires shall meet the national standard CNS 6556 “600V PVC insulated and coated light weight cables” or others having equivalent or more insulation, oil-resistance, strength and durability.
Springs, bolts, nuts, bushings, pins or others for the press machine shall meet the following provisions:
1. Springs are compression type and guided by rods, pipes or others if the slider have an accident motion risk because of springs broking or dropping out.
2. Preventing loosing shall be applied to bolts, nuts,bushings and others that may lead the slider to unexpectly move or fitting parts to fall off.
3. Preventing loosing shall be applied to pins that may lead the slider to unexpectly move or fitting parts to fall off.