CHAPTER I GENERAL
This Regulation is enacted in accordance with the terms in Paragraph 2 of Article 17, Meteorological Act.
The terms used in this Regulation are defined as follows:
1. GENERAL WEATHER FORECASTS The nationwide weather forecasts exclusive of severe weather forecasts.
2. WARNINGS (ADVISORIES) The forecasts issued to warn of severe weather.
3. EARTHQUAKE REPORT A report on the result of seismological observation.
4. TSUNAMI WARNING A warning issued to draw the attention to the tsunami caused by an earthquake.
5. TSUNAMI REPORT A report on the result of tsunami observation.
Forecasts and warnings of nationwide meteorological, seismological, and marine meteorological phenomena, except for the provisions enacted in the Meteorological Act, shall be centralized-issued by the Central Weather Bureau (hereinafter referred to as CWB). The affiliated agencies of the CWB may transfer the forecasts and warnings, and add items of local attention.
The warnings of the meteorological, seismological, and marine meteorological phenomena, and the severe weather forecasts disseminated by the news media shall be the information provided by the CWB.
Central and local governments, agencies, organizations, and institutions shall take the responsibility for inner dissemination and coordination of the meteorological, seismological, and marine meteorological forecasts and/or warnings, and take the necessary responses.
Should the occurrence of earthquake or tsunami phenomena can not be predicted in advance, the CWB shall issue a seismological report or a tsunami report soon after the phenomena occurred.