Chapter Eight - Financial Assistance
To accelerate industrial innovation and value addition, and promote economic transformation and national development, the Executive Yuan shall establish a National Development Fund.
The National Development Fund may be used for the following purposes:
1. To invest in industrial innovation, high-tech development, recyclable/renewable energy/resources, “green energy” industries, introduction of technology, and other important businesses or projects that can enhance the efficiency of industries or improve the industrial structure, in line with the national industrial development strategy.
2. To provide financing facilities to supported projects relating to the sustainable development of industries, pollution prevention, energy conservation, mitigation of the greenhouse effect, and other areas that can enhance the efficiency of industries or improve the industrial structure, in line with the national industrial development strategy.
3. To assist the central authorities in charge of relevant enterprises in handling investment, financing, or technology collaboration expenditure relating to relevant projects.
4. To assist the relevant central authorities in charge of relevant enterprises in expenditure required for projects undertaken for economic development, agricultural technology development, social development, cultural and creative development, introduction of technology, enhancement of R&D, development of own brands, human resources cultivation, improvement of the industrial structure and relevant matters.
5. Other matters approved by the Executive Yuan on a case-by-case basis.
The funding sources of the National Development Fund shall be the appropriations from the National Treasury, and in addition, the operating balance of the National Development Fund, if any, may be put into the Fund following due budget approval procedures for continuous use.
The regulations governing the management and utilization of the National Development Fund shall be prescribed by the Executive Yuan.
The central competent authority shall provide guidance and assistance for venture capital enterprises in order to stimulate the start-up and growth of domestic new businesses.
The regulations governing the scope of the venture capital enterprises as referred to in the preceding Paragraph, the provision of guidance and assistance, and other relevant matters shall be prescribed by the central competent authority.