Chapter II Organization
The Bank shall have a Board of Directors consisting of eleven to fifteen directors to be nominated by the Executive Yuan and appointed by the President. A Board of Executive Directors composed of five to seven executive directors shall be designated among the directors.
The Governor of the Bank, the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Economic Affairs shall be ex officio directors and executive directors. Among the directors, there shall be at least one each from the agricultural, the industrial and commercial, and the banking sectors.
Except for the ex officio directors, the directors shall be appointed for a term of five years, and may be reappointed upon the expiration of such term.
The powers and functions of the Board of Directors shall be as follows:
1. To examine and approve policies concerning money, credit and foreign exchange;
2. To examine the adjustment of the Bank's capital;
3. To approve the operation plans of the Bank;
4. To examine the budget estimate and financial statements of the Bank;
5. To examine and approve major by-laws and regulations of the Bank;
6. To examine or approve the establishment, adjustment and dissolution of the Bank's administrative units, branch offices, representative offices and subsidiary institutions;
7. To approve the appointment and the removal of the heads of the Bank's administrative units, branch offices, representative offices and subsidiary institutions;
8. To examine matters proposed by the Directors.
The Board of Directors may delegate all or part of the above powers and functions to the Board of Executive Directors. The resolution of the Board of Executive Directors shall be reported to the Board of Directors for record and approval.
The Board of Directors shall establish rules and regulations of board meetings. Such rules and regulations shall be reported to the Executive Yuan for record.
The Bank shall have a Board of Supervisors, composed of five to seven supervisors to be nominated by the Executive Yuan and appointed by the President. The Minister of Directorate-General of Budget, Accounting and Statistics of the Executive Yuan shall be an ex officio supervisor.
Except for the ex officio supervisor, the supervisors shall be appointed for a term of three years andmay be re-appointed upon the expirations of such term.
The Board of Supervisors shall have a chairman to be elected from among the supervisors.
The powers and functions of the Board of Supervisors shall be as follows:
1. To examine the Bank's assets and liabilities;
2. To audit the Bank's accounts;
3. To examine the reserves for the issuance of currency by the Bank;
4. To examine the amount of currency issued by the Bank;
5. To examine and approve the Bank's financial statements;
6. To investigate any case involving violation of this Act and the by-laws and regulations of the Bank. The result of such investigation shall be referred to the Board of Directors for corrective action.
The Bank shall have a Governor with the rank of special appointment and two Deputy Governors with the rank equivalent to Grade 14; all of whom shall be appointed for a term of five years and may be reappointed upon the expiration of such term.
The provision of the preceding paragraph that the rank of Deputy Governor is equivalent to Grade 14 shall apply to Deputy Governors appointed after the revision of this Act, amended on 8 April 2011, has come into force.
The Governor shall be the chief executive in directing and supervising the operations of the Bank, shall carry out resolutions of the Board of Directors, and shall represent the Bank on all occasions. The Deputy Governors shall assist the Governor in the execution of the above duties.
The Governor shall be the chairman of the Board of Directors and the Board of Executive Directors.Whenever the Governor is unable to attend in person, the Deputy Governor designated to act for the Governor shall be the chairman.
Administrative units established in the Head Office of the Bank shall be named as Department or Office.
The ranks and quotas of the Bank's personnel shall be tabulated separately.
Except for the appointment, removal, remuneration, retirement and indemnity of the Governor and Deputy Governors as specified in this Act and other laws, the regulations for the appointment, dismissal, remuneration, bonus, welfare, performance rating, incentives and discipline, retirement, indemnity, severance and other personnel management matters related to the Bank's personnel shall be proposed by the Bank, authorized by the Board of Directors and reported to the Executive Yuan for approval.